If you’re like me, you usually pay so much attention to your main dish that you end up totally forgetting what to accompany your awesome meal with. It can be fun though trying to decide the perfect combination for you and your guests plate.
These potatoes are SO tasty and can pretty much go with any kind of dinner you have planned. I got this recipe from my mom and when I’ve made it for people, they say that these are called “funeral potatoes”. I never really cared for that name because (for obvious reasons) it’s kind of a downer! So since these are southern style potatoes, we’re changing the name.
What’s also so great about this dish is that it almost tastes even better the next day. My husband even says that he gets so full from these potatoes that he forgets to eat everything else on the plate!
- 2 lbs frozen southern style hash browns
- 1/2 Cup margarine (save 1/4 Cup for corn flakes
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese
- Dash of onion salt
- 10 oz can cream of chicken soup
- 1 Pint sour cream
- 1 Cup Corn Flakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Mix in all the ingredients listed above except for the Corn Flakes and the 1/4 Cup balance of margarine
- Melt 1/2 Cup Margarine and put into a large bowl (keeping 1/4 Cup for Corn Flakes)
- Put mixed ingredients into a 9×13 baking dish that has been pre sprayed with a nonstick spray.
- Crush corn flakes (try not to make it into a dust consistency) and mix with melted 1/4 cup margarine
- Drizzle over top of the potato mixture
- Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour. (or until it starts to bubble)