When I think of summer, I think all things lemon! This super simple recipe is so perfect for your next summer time gathering and will be such a show stopper for everyone. Living here in Florida, I can testify that this has been such a great cold and refreshing treat to keep in the refrigerator. It’s cold and creamy texture will be perfectly created in just 5 minutes of combining ingredients, then it’s just a game of waiting in the refrigerator!
This recipe can be a bit versatile in the ways you want it constructed. For the crust, you can easily just pick up a pre-made version from the grocery store (which I have done here), or add a more personal touch and make your own graham cracker crust. You could also either do a dollop of Cool Whip on the top when it’s finished cooling, or go a little step further and add your own whipped cream. It really just depends on the time we have during the day, but in truth, either way you do it it’ll taste amazing!
- 1 (6 oz) Frozen Lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 2 (4 serving size) vanilla instant pudding box
- 1 (8 oz) cool whip
- 1 3/4 cup milk
- 1 graham cracker crust
- In a large bowl, mix together the two boxes of vanilla pudding and milk. Use a hand whisk to mix together.
- Add the thawed lemonade and whisk together until pudding is thick. Should be about 2 minutes of time
- Fold in the cool whip and then pour into crust
- Cover the pie and refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours
How easy is that?! For me, the fun part is always decorating your desserts to make the presentation just the way you want it. This is where your creativity can really shine! What I did here was used my homemade whipped cream recipe (you can find that recipe here) for the center, then used some berries that I thought could really pop with color. Since it’s a lemon pie, feel free to use some lemons to garnish with as well along with a sprig of mint for that pop of green for summertime.