If you are interested in a super quick and easy recipe for your family that also is great for leftovers, then PLEASE look no further than this chili recipe. The first time I ever tried this was at my boyfriends house (now husband) and his mom made dinner for everybody. Before trying this, I have actually never tried chili before in my life, but let me tell you, my now mother-in-law totally changed my taste buds for I now LOVE chili!
This could possibly be the most simple way to make chili, but sometimes you really just need something quick and I feel like this is such a great way to do it.
- 1 to 1 1/2 lbs ground round beef
- 3 cans black beans, drained
- 1 large + 1 small can tomato sauce
- 1 package chili mix
For optional toppings:
- Diced onion
- Shredded Cheddar cheese
- Sour cream
- Fry beef in large pot and then drain the grease after fully cooked
- Place beef back into the pot and add the drained black beans , tomato sauce and chili mix
- Stir all together and bring to a boil
- Put stove top on simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally
Serve with raw diced onions, cheddar cheese and a dollop of sour cream on top of each bowl. These are optional toppings which means you can absolutely use whichever ingredients you like best.