This may be in fact the most simple recipe I have on hand, and it’s probably one of the most used! When it comes to desserts, it’s so easy to just grab a can of instant whipped cream. We all use it. It’s just one less step that you have to do. But let me tell you, having your own homemade whipped cream recipe can really come in handy to avoid an extra trip to the store. It also beats the taste of a can any day!
With this recipe I usually end up doubling it. I feel that it’s good to have it in this size though in case you really don’t need that much. But because this recipe is so tasty, the entire family will always end up sneaking a finger swipe in the bowl and before you know it, most of it is gone!
- 1 Cup cold heavy whipping cream
- 2-4 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Before starting, place mixing bowl and beaters in freezer for about 10-15 minutes to chill
- In the bowl, add the heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar and vanilla extract
- Start mixing on low speed, then increase the speed to a medium-high until stiff peaks form.
And that’s it! If you’re feeling fancy, this whipped cream recipe is so great for piping. It also could look really great just being used as a dollop on top of an already made dessert. Let your creativity shine!