This is one of my all time favorite summer pies and I am so excited to share it with you! With such a small amount of ingredients, this pie is an easy one to make and it’s also one of the yummiest key lime pies I’ve ever had. Key lime pies are known to be pretty tart, but this one definitely has a milder zing to it. It’s a perfect consistency of creamy and thick which always hits the spot perfectly, especially here in Florida!
Sometimes people can have a little bit of trouble finding key lime juice and tend to just substitute it for plain ol’ lime juice. That does work, but I love the Nellie & Joe’s Key West lime juice brand. You can find that key lime juice here.
This pie pairs so perfectly with a nice garnishing of whipped cream on top. Some people even like to cover the entire top with it, but for now I’ll just be doing the sides and middle. Click here to get the awesome recipe to make a quick and easy whipped cream to go along with this super delicious pie!
- 1 1/4 Cup graham crackers, pulsed
- 1/4 Cup sugar
- 5 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 28 Ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 Cup sour cream
- 3/4 Cup key lime juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Pulse the graham crackers in a food processor or blender and and then combine the crumbs, sugar and butter. Mix until blended well
- Press the graham cracker mixture into the bottom and sides of a 9 inch pie pan
- Bake for 10 minutes then remove from oven, set aside and let cool for additional 10 minutes
- Combine sweetened condensed milk, sour cream and key lime juice in a large bowl. Stir until smooth.
- Pour into prepared pie pan and bake for 10 minutes or until you see little bubbles form along the surface
- Turn off the oven and let the pie sit inside, undisturbed for an additional 30 minutes
- Let pie chill in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours, or even better, over night
Right before you’re ready to serve, put some whipped cream on top and then you are ready to go!